i. Daily traffic in Puchong between Puchong Jaya Interchange and Puchong Intan Interchange has risen from 40,000 veh/trips in 1999 to 400,000 veh/trips in 2010.
ii. Attributed to traffic generated from rapid developments in Puchong since 1999
- 20 Major Developments (size >> 100 acres or 500 units)
- 15 Medium sized Developments )size << 100 acres or 500 units
- Rapid developments along major connecting roads i.e Shah Alam Expressway, New Pantai Expressway, Jalan Klang Lama and Lebuhraya Bukit Jalil
iii. Developments in Puchong contribute in total 40,000 residential units and 17,000,000 sq.ft commercial space
iv. Estimated 40,000 residential units and 5,700,000 sq.ft. commercial space expected in next 3-5 years.
v. High concentration of traffic have caused pockets of congestion on LDP between Puchong Jaya Interchange to Kg Bharu Puchong Interchange
Previous Upgrading Works On LDP ~ Completed 2004
vi. 1st major upgrading completed in 2004 to upgrade the LDP stretch between Puchong Jaya IC to Puchong Intan IC as follows:-
- Upgrading of Puchong Jaya IC
- KM 22 Elevated U-turn
- KM 24 Elevated U-turn
- Upgrading of Kg Bharu Puchong IC
- Mainline upgrading between Puchong Jaya IC to Puchong Intan IC
New Upgrading Works On LDP ~ 2009 to 2012
vii. LITRAK has embarked on its next phase of upgrading in Puchong.
- 1st phase or Package A, to upgrade LDP between Puchong Intan IC to Kg Bharu Puchong IC is expected to be completed by end 2011
- 2nd phase or Package B, to upgrade LDP between Bandar Utama IC to Penchala Toll Plaza to be completed by end 2012
- 3rd phase or Package C, to upgrade LDP between Petaling Jaya Toll Plaza to Bandar Puchong Jaya will commence in May 2011 and targeted to complete by Feb 2013